Helmet SWEET PROTECTION VOLATA MIPS TE RAGNHILD MOWINCKEL - 2020/21
The Volata MIPS represents the latest in FIS approved race helmets. This model can be fitted with the Slalom chin guard making it suitable for all disciplines. This helmet uses the variable elasticity thermoplastic shell combined with our advanced impact absorption technology; Impact Shields. In addition, all our 'race helmets' has extra front and rear in-molded Gate Shields to protect the helmet from gate impacts. Additional fetaures are emergency removal Earpads and two-piece ear ports for excellent hearing. For the Volata Helmets we especially developed a unique 3layer MIPS system designed to reduce rotational forces on the brain. *This model is prepared to fit our Slalom Chin Guard that can be safely mounted/unmounted in a matter of seconds without any tools required. The Chin Guard is sold separately! Made in proud collaboration with Ragnhild Mowinckel.
- Our latest technology FIS approved race helmet easily fitted with the Slalom chin guard.
- Our latest technology in FIS-approved race helmets
- ABS Race Thermoplastic Shell
- Impact Shields; our premium impact protection technology distributing impacts from the inside over a larger area in crucial zones
- Gate Shields; in-molded EPP foam with Polycarbonate to protect the helmet from hitting gates
- Quick-fit and no-tools required Chin Guard for slalom events
- Race specific micro adjustment ratchet buckle
- Emergency removal earpads
- Two-piece ear ports for excellent hearing
- Equipped with our unique 3-layer MIPS, a technology that reduces rotational forces on the brain
3-Layer Multi-directional Impact Protection System 3L-MIPS
A special MIPS solution co-developed with the engineers at MIPS for optimized functionality with the Volata helmet. The 3L-MIPS adds extra protection against rotational motions caused by angled impacts to the head. 3L means three layers. The construction of the 3L-MIPS is optimized for the race ready fit of the Volata helmet. It has two black in-molded static MIPS layers in the front and back, and one yellow MIPS layer in the center that is suspended by two thin multi-directional pockets to enable movement in all directions.
FIS-approved race helmet
Our latest technology in FIS-approved race helmets
EPP (expanded polypropylene) with polycarbonate shells in-molded into the main EPS liner to protect the shock absorbing structure of the helmet from gate impacts. The Gate Shields are placed in the front and the back of the helmet, as the gates tend to bend after an impact in the front and hit the helmet in the back as well.
VOLATA CHIN GUARD
The Chin Guard can be added to the Volata and Volata MIPS without the use of tools. You simply just remove the chin guard covers and attach the chin guard. This makes the Volata suitable for all alpine skiing disciplines.
The impact shields are designed to provide unsurpassed performance for shock absorbance. It distributes impact forces from the inside of the helmet over larger areas in crucial zones where the head needs it the most.
3D RACE INTERIOR
3D shaped vented lining. Moisture wicking, removable, washable. Quick release emergency removal ear pads. Race specific micro adjustment ratchet buckle.